Can you share dishes with others if you have COVID-19?
What are the recommended safety measures while shopping for food during the COVID-19 pandemic?
• Prepare a shopping list in advance. Buy just 1 to 2 weeks-worth of groceries at a time. Buying
more than you need can create unnecessary demand and temporary shortages.
• Wear a face covering or mask while you are in the store. Some stores and localities may require
it. Check your state, county or city guidelines for any other requirements.
• Carry your own wipes, or use one provided by the store to wipe down the handles of the
shopping cart or basket. If you use reusable shopping bags, ensure they are cleaned or washed
before each use.
• Practice social distancing while shopping – keeping at least 6 feet between you, other shoppers,
and store employees. Keep your hands away from your face.
• Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds when you return home and
again after you put away your groceries.
What are symptoms of COVID-19 in the mouth?